Enlightening Education: A Revelation where the music comes first
Welcome to OAE Education.
What makes up our programme?
- At the OAE we pride ourselves in working with a huge range of people on work inspired by our repertoire and our instruments
- Our newly created TOTS programme targets the under 5’s
- Our OAE clubs range from primary and secondary string clubs to the Foundling Choir
- Our primary schools programme engages children from primary schools across the country and provides opportunities for pupils to perform with and listen to a live orchestra.
- Our secondary work introduces music, film, art and opera to enhance the curriculum
- Our links with conservatoires and our Ann and Peter Law OAE Experience for young players enable us to work with the next generation of brilliant musicians both on and off the concert platform
- Our Night Shift concerts attract a new and growing audience and offer opportunities for new formats and new presentation
- Our Insight Club and Study Days enable adults to get up close and explore the academic music world
- Our Musicians on Call programme takes fabulous music to those who can’t visit the concert hall.
The Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment aims to be one of the world’s leading orchestras, giving high quality performances on period instruments, characterised by excellence and vitality. Our mission is to present the best quality performances on period instruments, exploring innovative repertoire and collaborating with and nurturing outstanding musical talent. We are known for our friendly and warm nature and engagement, both with music and audiences through our performances as well as through our vibrant education and outreach programme. We aim for this unique personality to be evident in all that we do, enabling us to interact with, and enrich, the lives of existing and new audiences and our wider ‘OAE community’ whether in or out of the concert hall.
For an up-to-date insight into the Education Projects we’ve worked on in the past year, you can download our Education brochure here:
If you’d like to receive information about OAE Education events or if you would like your school or college to take part in a project, please e-mail on Ellie Cowan on email@example.com or phone 020 7239 9371.